How I Organized My Kitchen Cabinets



I recently reorganized my kitchen cabinets and I must say, they look so much better than what they did.  Of course, me being me, I forgot to take a before picture so an after picture of the finished project will have to do.

As you may know, one of my resolutions this year was to continue getting more organized and I'm taking it all in stride.  I've been using the KonMari Method to help me get organized, but when it came to the kitchen I didn't really follow that method because well...it's food.  All food brings me joy, but not the expired kind.  

I started by taking everything out of the cabinets and purging through and discarded the expired food.  I then vacuumed out and wiped down all the cabinets.  Honestly, how they get so messy and crumby, I don't know since everything is packaged.  But whatever, moving on.  

After seeing the remaining food, I decided what food I would put into jars and baskets.  I then went to Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Home Depot to get some baskets, canisters, jars, etc.  Overall, I spent around $40 to complete the project.  I also used jars and other canisters that I had on hand.  

A few items I picked up at Walmart.  2 large jars were $5.50. The plastic canister was $3.00. Better Homes & Gardens Container: $9.50  
Full Cabinet


On the top shelf, I store all my cake decorating supplies, cupcake liners, and our single cup coffee maker and coffee.  We're not big coffee drinkers in our house, but we keep it on hand for my mom when she visits.  

The second shelf holds cake mixes, frosting, muffin packets sit in the brown basket, two mason jars hold chocolate and white chocolate chips.  The gray and black canvas bin I purchased from the Dollar Tree and that holds the bags of powdered and brown sugar.





The holders for the cans I purchased at Walmart for a few dollars a piece.  The white bowl I picked up at the Dollar Tree and that holds our pasta/rice sides.  The gray canvas bin holds pasta. (Mac & Cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, etc.) Gray bin on the bottom shelf is our everyday miscellaneous items.  



The large jars I purchased from Walmart and they hold our sugar and different types of flours.  The rice canister is one that I had on hand. 
Tall Pantry Cabinet



I picked up these cereal bins from The Container Store last year.  They're about $20 but I think I actually got them on sale.  The smaller bin holds the pancake mix.  I wrote the measurements out and stuck them to the back of the container for easy measuring next time I make pancakes.

On the second shelf, I store my children's snacks.  The silver buckets I purchased at Hobby Lobby last year and I believe they were only $3 or $4 a piece.  I put gummies and granola bars in them.  The tote up front has fruit and veggie squeeze pouches in them.  My children are big texture people and they eat limited fruit and veggies whole, but if they're in a squeeze or smoothie they have no problems.  Then I put goldfish in the plastic canister. Behind that is a gray basket that I purchased in a three pack from Home Depot for $5.




Rectangle Bin and Lid I purchased a few years ago from Thirty-One.  The basket next to it holds peanut butter and honey.  A staple meal in our house for my boys.  LOL. The bottom shelf holds my flat griddle and the Coral Bin holds my cookbooks.  

Cleaning Products.  I keep these in a top cabinet to the left of my sink out of reach from my boys.  


Second lazy susan to the right of the sink.  This cabinet holds seasoning packets, baking supplies, oils, bottles of vinegar, and a basket holds any medicine we may have on hand.  


Spice cabinet just next to the stove.  The basket holds extra spices, cooking spray, and EVOO. This cabinet also holds our drink mix tote, a few appliances, and kitchen tools. 
So there you have it.  My kitchen cabinets.  I have to say, every time I open one of the cabinets I just love it seeing its beauty and knowing exactly where an item is.  This project only took me a few hours to complete and for $40 not too bad.  My children really love having easy access to their snacks and since they're getting more independent they can help themselves.

Tell me what you think.  Do you have your cabinets organized? Do you use all the same baskets or canisters to keep with the aesthetic? Drop a comment below and let me know.

That's word.  Until next time.
-C

Comments

Popular Posts