Askthetic: 26 Deep Questions to Help You Truly Discover Yourself.

Remember the days of MySpace?  Rushing home from school every day just so you can avoid your homework and spend hours searching through hundreds of backgrounds until you found the perfect one that fit your teenage against attitude. Then, of course, you'd find the perfect setlist to add to your page so your Top 8, the real OGs, who made it a habit to leave you a comment every day, could be serenaded with the melodious sounds of the current emo or pop song of the week. Ahhh, nostalgia.  But let's not forget everyone's favorite section of MySpace, the notes.  You made it a point to keep everyone updated on your day-to-day life by writing a quick journal entry of the current happenings or let's not forget the most recent chain questionnaire that EVERYONE was doing.  You'd answer with your wittiest remarks and feel of sense of accomplishment after you finished answering all 100 questions.  But thinking back on it, were the questions all the meaningful?  Did they serve a purpose and help you discover who you are and the person you would someday become?  Probably not.

I recently came across a questionnaire and after answering a few of the questions I thought, who am I really?  Who do I want to be and how do I want others to see me? I learned things about myself that I wasn't aware of and it showed me that I need and want to change who I am as a person.  I owe it to myself to be the best version of me that I can be.  My family and friends deserve the best me.  I've come a long way since the days of being an against-y teenager blaring Fall Out Boy, which I still do on a regular basis in case you were curious, who wanted to be accepted and treated equally by everyone, not just her family and her few closest friends.  During my twenties, I've learned that I don't need to be accepted by those who didn't or don't want to accept all the awesomeness that is C, and I'm okay with that.  I'm living for myself, my kids, my husband, all of my friends and family, and those who just genuinely care about me.  2019 is going to about rediscovering myself and setting positive vibes that are nothing but contagious.



Below I picked my favorite questions and added a few of my own in there as well.  Answer a question below, or all of them if you want,  and see how much of an impact it has on you.  I think you'll be surprised by what you discover about yourself, I know I was.

That's the word.  Until next time.

-C





1. What color do you speak in? Need help determining the meaning of colors? Click HERE!

2.  What song(s) do you think people remember you by?

3.  What are three words you use to describe your personality?

4.  Do you take things personally?

5.  What movie character would you choose to be your parent and why?

6.  What's the one thing you want to achieve before you die?

7.  What would be your life's theme song?

8.  Are you making good choices that will leave a positive impact on those around you?

9.  If you could choose one person to protect with your life, who would it be?

10. What is the one item that you will keep forever no matter the condition it may be in?

11.  What book do you need to read?

12.  Who saved your life?

13.  What are you passionate about?

14.  If you could only repeat words said by one person, who would you want to be echoing?

15.  Which is more important: what you say or how you say it?

16. If you could breathe music, which artist would you choose to inhale and which artist would you choose to exhale?

17.  Do I love myself as much as I expect others to love me?

18.  What are the promises you've made to yourself and are you keeping them?

19.  Who do you take your anger or frustration out on?

20.  What is something you need to change about yourself?

21.  If you had to choose one music artist, actor or author to become your mentor, who would it be and why?

22.  Who do you admire most in the world (dead or alive) and why?

23.  Would you rather be the night sky or the day sky and why?

24.  Do the people you surround yourself with add any value to your life?

25.  Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

26.  What impressions do you think you give when you first meet someone?


Challenge.  Print these questions out or handwrite them, put them in a jar and every week choose one at random and answer the question.  Make that your focus for the week.  Challenge yourself to make the changes you need to be the best version of yourself.  

Comments

Popular Posts