10 Places That Spark Wanderlust

We all have a knack for adventure.  It can be as simple as taking an impromptu trip to a city you've never been to or traveling overseas to experience the culture and take in the sights.  I've never been out of the country and I can't help but dream of these amazing places that you see featured on the Travel Channel.  I want to be able to experience the different cultures, take in firsthand the history and the stories these places have to offer, and just make memories that I can cherish for a lifetime.  Maybe someday I'll be able to check some, if not all, of these places off of my Wanderlust List. 

10 Places That Spark Wanderlust

Photo Credit

I can give you 10 reasons why. Rome, Florence, Lake Como, Pisa, Capri, Pompeii, Naples, Venice, Milan, Verona,  I would literally have to spend WEEKS there just to experience it all.  I would consume all the pizza, pasta, wine and gelato that I could.  And come on, the history and art that the country holds, the setting for the greatest love story ever told, the fashion, the architecture, and just all of the country's marvels.  "Italy is not a country of pure aesthetic beauty but of inner beauty; one that is reflected by its deep religious ties and deep connection with history." 

Photo Credit

France is where you go to fall in love over and over,  eat the delicacies that the cuisine offers, breathe in the intoxicating fragrance of the lavender fields, marvel at the beauty of the Louvre, experience first hand what inspired Monet's most famous pieces, and stand in wonder of the Eifle Tower.  Rich in history, culture, and romance you can't help but dream of the most romantic country. 
You have seen the Hemsworth brothers and KJ Apa, right?  Isn't that reason enough? But seriously, Australia has so many waterways, the country is spoiled with over 50,000 kilometers of coastline, not to mention the numerous national parks you can visit, the infamous Australia Zoo - Home of the Crocodile Hunter, St. Patrick's Cathedral in Melbourne, the Tangalooma Wrecks at Moreton Island of Queensland, the Sydney Opera House, koalas, I could keep going.  Do you come from a land down under?

Photo Credit

Switzerland is a country of splendor and chocolates.  Every time I see photos or shows about the country I get awestruck by its beauty.  I want to ski the Swiss Alps...but I don't know how to ski.  What better place to learn, right? I want to attend their annual Tulip Festival near Lake Geneva and eat all the Swiss chocolates that I can.  A girl can dream.  
Mexican food is my favorite cuisine and I would probably go somewhere in Mexico on vacation and never come back because of the food alone. I know Mexico has quite the number of tourist destinations; Cancun, Cabo, Cozumel, but I'm perfectly fine with that.  Mexico would be a place I would go to just relax and take it all in.  Adventure would end up calling my name and I would have to experience the Ruins or a festival for Dia de Los Muertos.

Photo Credit

Canada has been a country that I've wanted to experience for the longest time.  I really want to see all the lush forests and Niagara Falls.  I know that I can visit the Falls here in the States, but Canada is said to have the best views of the Falls.  West of the Falls sits Vancouver, the popular city for filming a few little shows.  You may have heard of them.  Supernatural.  Riverdale.  Let me tell you, where ever Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, or KJ Apa is, that's where I want to be.  But seriously, this country has a profound beauty that I need to experience firsthand and not just through pictures.


Photo Credit

Lapland Finland is said to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. You can experience the Northern Lights, it's a winter wonderland,  oh, and it's the home of Santa Claus.  Listen, Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday and winter is my favorite season.  It's magical and I love everything the season has to offer. So of course, I need to visit this place and all it's entirety, pronto! 

Photo Credit

Every single bit of it! Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the Royale Family, you can't help but love them, Harry Potter, The Beatles, authentic fish and chips (yes, please).   It's also a safe bet that I'd be singing Scotty Doesn't Know the entire time.  shrugs
I've mentioned that winter is my favorite and I love everything that the season has to offer.  So why not go somewhere where it's a winter wonderland all year and is also the home to thousands of penguins.  Believe it or not, there are Antartic cruises that offer excursions, whale watching, and fine cuisine.  Umm, hi, where can I sign up?

Photo Credit

My Oma grew up in Butzbach and she would always tell me stories of her childhood, the village, her brother's garden, the castles and how everything over there is so green and beautiful.  Before she located to the States permanently, she would spend 6 months in Germany and 6 months in the States.  She was always here during the summer so she could take us to the swimming pool and get ice cream and just to spoil us rotten.  I have this beautiful photograph of her (I think she's at an outdoor cafe) with a gorgeous green hillside behind her.  One of many reasons I want to travel to Germany is to recreate this photo and be able to feel her presence again.  I also have family over there that I've never met and want to know them.  Of course, I'd be the American tourist and probably annoy the locals with hundreds of questions on where to get the best braut and beer, but I would spend all the time I could to take in the culture, the sights, and just everything of my Oma's home.

My Oma

So, have I sparked wanderlust in you? Have you been to any of these places?  If you have, drop me a comment below with your favorite memory of your travels.  

That's the word.  Arrivederci.  
-C


Comments

Popular Posts